Child and Family Abuse
CENTER FOR HOPE
590 Post Road, Darien
Individual, group and family counseling for persons of all ages facing the loss of a loved one, or a life-threatening illness to themselves or a family member.
THE CENTER FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT CRISIS COUNSELING AND EDUCATION
880 Canal Street, Suite 2B, Stamford
203-329-2929 24-Hour Hotline
203-348-9346 Main Number
1-888-999-5545 Toll-Free Hotline
1-888-568-8332 Spanish Hotline
Free and confidential support services for sexual assault victims and their families, including counseling and support groups.
CHILD GUIDANCE CENTER OF SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT
196 Greyrock Place, Stamford
2-1-1 24-Hour Crisis Hotline/ Emergency Mobile Psychiatric Unit
Treatment Programs and Prevention Programs
• Child, Adolescent, and Family Therapy Program
• Children and Parent Resource Team
• Community Emergency Response Program
• Crime Victims Assistance and Community Policing Partnership
• Emergency Mobile Crisis Services
• Intensive Home Based Services
• Lower Fairfield county Child Sexual Abuse Response Team
• Parent Consultation Service
• Professional Consultation Service
CHILDREN’S CONNECTION OF THE HUMAN SERVICES COUNCIL
One Park Street, Norwalk
• Child Abuse Identification and Reporting Training (SCAN-Stop Child Abuse Now).
• Child abuse, neglect prevention and intervention services.
• Children’s Bank (volunteer gift program that donates clothing, funding and gifts to abused and neglected children).
• Foster care support.
• Multidisciplinary Investigative Team of Greater Norwalk.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CRISIS CENTER
5 Eversley Avenue, Norwalk 203-853-0418
141 Franklin Street, Stamford 203-965-0049
1-888-774-2900 24-Hour Hotline
Takes action to help victims of violence by ensuring their immediate safety and helping resolve medical and legal issues. The Family Advocate Program offers crisis intervention, support groups, life skills and parenting workshops to help victims set and work toward long-term goals.
225 Washington Boulevard, Stamford
Provides love, structure, and support at their charter schools, residential programs, and community programs, which enable children and families to reach their full potential. Their ability to build relationships helps children and families who may be struggling to focus on their strengths and make good choices.
THE EXCHANGE CLUB CENTER FOR THE PREVENTION OF CHILD ABUSE OF SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT
141 Franklin Street, Stamford
Maintains community-based child abuse prevention programs, and supports Exchange’s Program of Service, which includes youth programs, Americanism and community service.
FAMILY AND CHILDREN’S AGENCY
9 Mott Avenue, 4th Floor, Norwalk
Connects individuals and families in crisis, or at transitional moments of their lives, with skilled professionals in counseling, mental health and substance abuse services, senior services, family support, youth development, homeless services, mentoring and adoption programs.
FAMILY CENTERS Darien/New Canaan
590 Boston Post Road, Darien
203-655-0547 Phone (call or see Web site for other locations)
Offers counseling, education and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. Programs include:
• Bright Beginnings; Preschool and Early Childhood Education.
• Families in Crisis; Family Centers’ comprehensive network of counseling, support and referral services.
• Fostering Independence; through vocational and career training, housing resources, counseling and self-sufficiency programs.
• Workplace Resources; WorkLife Solutions provides comprehensive employee assistance programs, work-life services.
NEW CANAAN DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN & YOUTH SERVICES
77 Main Street, New Canaan
The mission of the Youth Services is to help New Canaan youth and families to function optimally by developing programs and activities that address developmental needs, as well as helping youth and families obtain appropriate social services and resources.
NEW CANAAN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PARTNERSHIP
Raises awareness in New Canaan about the issue of domestic violence, and encourages cooperation among social service and town agencies to help New Canaan citizens.