ARTS FOR HEALING
24 Grove Street, New Canaan
Offers music and art therapy for children and teens with disabilities.
CENTER FOR HOPE
590 Post Road, Darien
Individual, group and family counseling for persons of all ages facing the loss of a loved one, or a life-threatening illness to themselves or a family member.
THE CENTER FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT CRISIS COUNSELING AND EDUCATION
880 Canal Street, Suite 2B, Stamford
203-329-2929 24-Hour Hotline
203-348-9346 Main Number
1-888-999-5545 Toll-Free Hotline
1-888-568-8332 Spanish Hotline
Free and confidential support services for sexual assault victims and their families, including counseling and support groups.
CHILD GUIDANCE CENTER OF MID-FAIRFIELD COUNTY
100 East Avenue, Norwalk
Offers a full-range of prevention, evaluation, and treatment services that consist of:
• Assessment that includes an orientation to our services, initial screening to define problems, and appropriate referral.
• Psychological and developmental testing to help clarify a child’s problems and treatment needs.
• Individual, parent guidance, family therapy, case management, outreach services and group psychotherapy as appropriate for each individual.
CHILD GUIDANCE CENTER OF SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT
196 Greyrock Place, Stamford
2-1-1 24-Hour Crisis Hotline/ Emergency Mobile Psychiatric Unit
Treatment Programs and Prevention Programs
• Child, Adolescent, and Family Therapy Program
• Children and Parent Resource Team
• Community Emergency Response Program
• Crime Victims Assistance and Community Policing Partnership
• Emergency Mobile Crisis Services
• Intensive Home Based Services
• Lower Fairfield county Child Sexual Abuse Response Team
• Parent Consultation Service
• Professional Consultation Service
DARIEN FAMILY YOUTH OPTIONS
2 Renshaw Road, Darien
Helps children and teenagers build the skills necessary to face the temptation of activities that may be harmful to themselves or others. Our services include:
• Anger management programs
• Assessment and intervention
• Drug testing
• Group therapy and parenting help
• Individual and family counseling
• Peer mentor groups
• Relapse prevention
• Telephone consultation
225 Washington Boulevard, Stamford
Provides love, structure, and support at their charter schools, residential programs, and community programs, which enable children and families to reach their full potential. Their ability to build relationships helps children and families who may be struggling to focus on their strengths and make good choices.
FAMILY AND CHILDREN’S AGENCY
9 Mott Avenue, 4th Floor, Norwalk
Connects individuals and families in crisis, or at transitional moments of their lives, with skilled professionals in counseling, mental health and substance abuse services, senior services, family support, youth development, homeless services, mentoring and adoption programs.
FAMILY CENTERS Darien/New Canaan
590 Boston Post Road, Darien
203-655-0547 Phone (call or see Web site for other locations)
Offers counseling, education and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. Programs include:
• Bright Beginnings; Preschool and Early Childhood Education.
• Families in Crisis; Family Centers’ comprehensive network of counseling, support and referral services.
• Fostering Independence; through vocational and career training, housing resources, counseling and self-sufficiency programs.
• Workplace Resources; WorkLife Solutions provides comprehensive employee assistance programs, work-life services.
FOUR WINDS HOSPITAL
800 Cross River Road, Katonah, NY
914-763-8151 or 1-800-528-6624
Provides quality inpatient and outpatient mental health treatment services for children, adolescents and adults. Serves as a leading specialized provider of inpatient psychiatric treatment for children and adolescents.
HALL-BROOKE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES
47 Long Lots Road, Westport
Provides a continuum of inpatient and outpatient psychiatric, chemical dependency, and supportive services for children, adolescents and adults.
HEALTHY MINDS CT
Our mission is to ensure a high-quality mental health system promoting recovery and wellbeing for the residents of Southwestern Connecticut. Healthy Minds Connecticut provides our 14 communities with a voice in planning and monitoring the behavioral health system. We engage all stakeholder groups in identifying needs, reviewing services, making recommendations, and stimulating new initiatives. We develop priorities for the region and state, and we connect people and programs.
KIDS IN CRISIS
One Salem Street, Cos Cob
203-327-KIDS (5437) 24-Hour Confidential Helpline
Protects infants, children and teens from abuse and family crisis. Provides free, round-the-clock crisis intervention, counseling, emergency shelter, local prevention programs, and advocacy throughout Connecticut. A Teen Talk Outreach Counselor is available to all students at New Canaan High School during the school year.
LIBERATION PROGRAMS, INC.
125 Main Street, Stamford
Offers substance abuse education, treatment and prevention to adults, adolescents and families.
NEW CANAAN DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN & YOUTH SERVICES
77 Main Street, New Canaan
The mission of the Youth Services is to help New Canaan youth and families to function optimally by developing programs and activities that address developmental needs, as well as helping youth and families obtain appropriate social services and resources.
NEW LEARNING CENTER
49 John Street, Southport
Works with agencies, schools and professionals to provide continuity of care by offering individual, couples and family therapies, as well as a broad range of specialty services. Specialized groups for children are offered for helping with social skills in grades 3–12.
420 Post Road West, Westport
The programs of Positive Directions support these primary goals:
• To encourage a supportive environment for individuals and families to seek treatment and develop a substance-free lifestyle.
• To help employers and employees cope with substance abuse and other problems in the workplace.
• To provide information, counseling and support to people involved with alcohol, drugs and other destructive behavior to motivate them to accept treatment. • To reach youth before they become involved with alcohol, drugs or other risky behavior and to help them make responsible decisions.
RENFREW CENTER OF CONNECTICUT
436 Danbury Road, Wilton
Provides treatment for eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia and compulsive overeating.
RESOURCES TO RECOVERY
provides mental health information and referrals to behavioral health treatment and other supports –we get over 30,000 visits to the website monthly. We have Resource Specialists who are available by phone or email to provide personalized assistance to families to connect them with help -this is a free service and available to anyone who contacts us from across the US. Although our website has a national reach, we are based in Stamford out of Laurel House and work most closely with families living in Fairfield and Westchester counties.
SILVER HILL HOSPITAL
208 Valley Road, New Canaan
Provides substance abuse and psychiatric treatment for adolescents and adults, including inpatient and outpatient treatment, day programs with schooling facilities, and chemical dependency groups.
SPED*NET (THE SPECIAL EDUCATION NETWORK) OF NEW CANAAN
P.O. Box 1612, New Canaan
A parent and professional network interested in special education issues. Offers seminars during the school year, maintains a "listserv," provides handouts and information, and has a variety of videos and books to loan members.
7 Riversville Road, Greenwich
Outpatient psychiatric, medical and nutritional service center devoted to the diagnosis and holistic treatment of pediatric and adult eating disorders, weight management, and psychiatric disorders.