AL-ANON/ALATEEN FAMILY GROUPS OF CONNECTICUT
Al-Anon and Alateen are worldwide organizations that offer programs of help and mutual support for families and friends of someone with a drinking problem, whether or not that person seeks help or even recognizes the existence of a drinking problem. Participants in Al-Anon and Alateen give and receive comfort and understanding through a mutual exchange of experience, strength and hope, and learn how the principles of the AlAnon program can be applied to their own lives.
CHILD GUIDANCE CENTER OF SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT
196 Greyrock Place, Stamford
2-1-1 24-Hour Crisis Hotline/ Emergency Mobile Psychiatric Unit
Treatment Programs and Prevention Programs
• Child, Adolescent, and Family Therapy Program
• Children and Parent Resource Team
• Community Emergency Response Program
• Crime Victims Assistance and Community Policing Partnership
• Emergency Mobile Crisis Services
• Intensive Home Based Services
• Lower Fairfield county Child Sexual Abuse Response Team
• Parent Consultation Service
• Professional Consultation Service
4 Byington Place, Norwalk
Assesses and treats adolescents and adults for substance abuse and mental health issues. Provides individual and group services in bereavement, trauma, substance abuse, anger or stress management, relapse prevention, eating disorders and psychospiritual counseling.
DARIEN FAMILY YOUTH OPTIONS
2 Renshaw Road, Darien
Helps children and teenagers build the skills necessary to face the temptation of activities that may be harmful to themselves or others. Our services include:
• Anger management programs
• Assessment and intervention
• Drug testing
• Group therapy and parenting help
• Individual and family counseling
• Peer mentor groups
• Relapse prevention
• Telephone consultation
FAMILY AND CHILDREN’S AGENCY
9 Mott Avenue, 4th Floor, Norwalk
Connects individuals and families in crisis, or at transitional moments of their lives, with skilled professionals in counseling, mental health and substance abuse services, senior services, family support, youth development, homeless services, mentoring and adoption programs.
FAMILY CENTERS Darien/New Canaan
590 Boston Post Road, Darien
203-655-0547 Phone (call or see Web site for other locations)
Offers counseling, education and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. Programs include:
• Bright Beginnings; Preschool and Early Childhood Education.
• Families in Crisis; Family Centers’ comprehensive network of counseling, support and referral services.
• Fostering Independence; through vocational and career training, housing resources, counseling and self-sufficiency programs.
• Workplace Resources; WorkLife Solutions provides comprehensive employee assistance programs, work-life services.
FOUR WINDS HOSPITAL
800 Cross River Road, Katonah, NY
914-763-8151 or 1-800-528-6624
Provides quality inpatient and outpatient mental health treatment services for children, adolescents and adults. Serves as a leading specialized provider of inpatient psychiatric treatment for children and adolescents.
GOVERNOR’S PREVENTION PARTNERSHIP
Provides the leadership and resources to assist in the powerful effort to keep Connecticut’s kids safe, successful and drug-free. Leader in prevention work related to mentoring, underage drinking, and high-risk behavior among youth and college students, Student Assistance Programs and more.
HALL-BROOKE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES
47 Long Lots Road, Westport
Provides a continuum of inpatient and outpatient psychiatric, chemical dependency, and supportive services for children, adolescents and adults.
LIBERATION PROGRAMS, INC.
125 Main Street, Stamford
Offers substance abuse education, treatment and prevention to adults, adolescents and families.
NEW CANAAN COALITION
77 Main Street, New Canaan
This community group consists of youth from 8th–12th grades, parents, town officials, human and youth service workers, police, school personnel, local therapists, attorneys, representatives from faith communities, and others. They come together to brainstorm issues regarding youth and high-risk behavior, namely substance abuse. This group also provides educational forums for youth and parents with current research and strategies for prevention in the home.
NEW CANAAN PARENT SUPPORT GROUP
111 Oenoke Ridge, New Canaan, CT
Our mission is twofold: 1) to provide support and hope to parents affected by their child’s substance misuse; and 2) to educate and raise awareness about addiction, mental health and recovery in our community. We hold weekly support meetings at St. Mark's Church, and frequent community events to educate and increase understanding.
NEW LEARNING CENTER
49 John Street, Southport
Works with agencies, schools and professionals to provide continuity of care by offering individual, couples and family therapies, as well as a broad range of specialty services. Specialized groups for children are offered for helping with social skills in grades 3–12.
420 Post Road West, Westport
The programs of Positive Directions support these primary goals:
• To encourage a supportive environment for individuals and families to seek treatment and develop a substance-free lifestyle.
• To help employers and employees cope with substance abuse and other problems in the workplace.
• To provide information, counseling and support to people involved with alcohol, drugs and other destructive behavior to motivate them to accept treatment.
• To reach youth before they become involved with alcohol, drugs or other risky behavior and to help them make responsible decisions.
SILVER HILL HOSPITAL
208 Valley Road, New Canaan
Provides substance abuse and psychiatric treatment for adolescents and adults, including inpatient and outpatient treatment, day programs with schooling facilities, and chemical dependency groups.